Rear winch tray

mel

Hi,

I'd like some advice from anyone with experience or knowledge around fitting rear winches pls as while i'm in the stages of building an off road truck which may or may not be used to compete i'm trying to think of what i would like and do stuff now rather than having to go back and alter it when its finished !

I'm looking at making up a rear winch tray to fit into a shortened 90 tub.

I've made a rr x member through which the line will exit and was going to basically use an 8-10mm plate for the base which i wanted to bolt to angle iron welded to either chassis rail and the x member and brace and fab it all solid but boltable as i want it to be removeable and accessable should it ever have to come out.

That was my idea anyway, does it sound ok or am i missing something ?

I also wasn't sure about which winch but was thinking along the lines of a low level altho possibly if one were to come up at a later date a Warn 8274 (another reason to make base boltable so i can change winches without having to drill loads of holes in base and therefor weakening it) but the later has an off set centre line so wasn't sure about positioning of winch and/or fairlead hole and whether to fit it below the level of floor (low line winch) altho this is preffered position because of all the muck and water.

Thank's,

mark

Hi Mark

Have you thought about a husky in the back?

No brake in the drum so you can use plasma if you want and they go reasonably well with a 6hp warn XP motor.

I was always concerned with a rear winch if the plasma got melted by the heat of the brake and those huskys are very reliable.

Richard