Thai V8i

discodave

Hello all. You'll be pleased to know that the missus and I return from Thailand tomorrow (14th). Happy valentines day. :wub: Had a mate take my truck to an LPG "Wizard" who came highly recommended, and so far seems like a top bloke, to have the gas system serviced before I get back, so's I can get straight off to Jockland to se my mum who's not been well while we've been away. Good news is mum's doin' ok and so's the truck, much to my surprise (the truck that is). Apparently one of the gas tanks is mounted the wrong way round :o which may affect economy??? who can tell, but apart from that, it's safe and will be okay for the forseeable future :D . The main reason for my post tho', is, I've seen about a dozen V8i's over here in Chiang Mai. All 300's as far as I can tell, and they're all absolutely pristine condition. Hardly a bubble in the paintwork. Made me dead jealous and spoiled many a beer, sitting looking at a spotless truck that made mine look like an old hag with bad skin at best. Is it just the salty roads in winter or what? Been checking in and reading regularly to arm myself with info for the year ahead. Hope you're all well and your spanners are not getting too tired. :P

Davey.X

I think it's just the climate and the lack of salt. I have a Japanese Disco, and the bodyshell has very little rust on it compared to a similar aged UK one. I would imagine that Thailand would be very similar...

hi ive got a jap disco to and thats the same .no marks on the body . and the underside was spotless so i had it waxoiled before i picked it and its still the same after 3 years . its the salt that dose the damage