Courtesy Light Switch Wiring Route

discodave

Hello all. After leaving my lights on a couple of times coz the Slug didnt tell me I'd left them on, and having no courtesy light when opening the drivers door, I figured it was time to check the switch in inside the door pillar. When I unscrewed the switch and pulled it out, the spade connector slipped right off before I could grab it as there was no spare wire at all. Grrrr :angry:. Never mind. The back of the switch was indeed a bit grufty so I cleaned it up and fashioned a meat skewer to hook the wire and pull it back out. Got the wire no problem but it would only just reach the inside of the hole so the minute I got it with my long nose pliers to pull it through (gently) and attach the switch, the bloody wire snapped off the spade and disappeared into the truck. :angry: :angry: Got my fab wee flexi neck torch out and poked about the hole (i know) but it was nowhere to be seen. So, to make a short story even longer, I then tried to find where it passed through into the wiring under the steering wheel but there's not much room for a hand behind all that lot and I've still no idea where it came through. :blink: Couldnt see light coming through anywhere, so in the end the only way I could see was to thread some new wire up into the windscreen pillar then back down inside the trim before passing through some curious foam between the dash and the body and into the wiring area where I found the offending and increadibly short looking wire, the end of which was also corroded, hence the breakage, to join it to. ;) So it's all working now but what a PITA! Anyone tell me a shorter route to the inside wiring? :P in advance. :lol: Dave.