How to fit an air conditioning unit onto a 200tdi

CRF

Hello,

First post here, I would like to say hello and also ask a question.

I live in Majorca (Spain) and own a 1994 200 Tdi. The car drives incredibly well but does not have an air conditioner unit so during summer I drive inside an oven.

I would like to know if anyone has had a similar problem and could give me a few ideas of how to sort this, per example is there any other cars aircon unit that could be adapted or suppliers or any useful info. Obviously I would be more than happy to buy a Discovery aircon if anyone has one available.

On ebay there is a seller that offers a 92 Range Rover unit. Is it the same as the one the Disco uses? Also is the wiring very difficult?

Nice cool air might not sound as vital equipment from a UK point of view but I can guarantee it is 1000% necessariy out here.

Thanks

CRF

Ps. Discoverys are not easy to find in Spanish breakers as they normally sell them whole to African countries that keep them running for ever. Also prices of parts are extortionate as Land Rover has a very "upmarket car" image in Spain.

Ive just recently removed a knackered aircon from mine, and replaced it with a glovebox, so it is possible, all you need is the aircon unit, and the hoses and aircon radiator and brackets,

Also check your bulkhead to make sure you have a blanking plug, so that you can pop it off to let the hoses leave the vehicle

But it would be a dash out job, as mine could only be removed by hacksawing off bits of pipe intill in fell out the bootom of the dash,

As for wiring, not much from what i remember, 2 or 3 wires, 1 of which is a feed straight from the battery,

Also some are engine driven compressors so that complicates thing,

Any more questions just ask