need some help

Duncan81

just swapped a 3.5 efi manifold with an su manifold. The su manifold has a metal pipe running all the way underneath it . On the rear of the manifold there is another metal pipe protruding out just above the tip of the pipe which runs along the underneath of the manifold. The water pump on the engine has two outlets sticking out on its back, any suggestions on how I should connect the pipe/hose work??

P.S the offroader has no heating system

Txs D

It looked to me as if running the pair of heater pipes under the manifold on the efi gave some heat to the base of the manifold and may have made the engine work better or more efficiently.

If you have no heater I would ignore those pipes and just blank off the pump outlets.

Steve

It looked to me as if running the pair of heater pipes under the manifold on the efi gave some heat to the base of the manifold and may have made the engine work better or more efficiently.

If you have no heater I would ignore those pipes and just blank off the pump outlets.

Steve

Hi steve and thanks alot for your suggestion. To be honest with you it did pass through my mind a couple of time to blank both outlets on the back of the water pump, however I'm kind of hesitant on doing it for the simple reason that I think that by doing it I would reduce water circulation in the engine and in the manifold, do you agree with me?

Thanks again

Duncan

The pipes that pass under the inlet manifold are only going to the heater so are not part of the cooling for the heads. If they were connected and looped together at the bulkhead they are not going to provide any meaningful increase in cooling. They will however heat the inlet which as I said before may have been done to possibly improve something in the inlet but who knows.

Steve

The pipes that pass under the inlet manifold are only going to the heater so are not part of the cooling for the heads. If they were connected and looped together at the bulkhead they are not going to provide any meaningful increase in cooling. They will however heat the inlet which as I said before may have been done to possibly improve something in the inlet but who knows.

Steve

Thanks again for your reply. I will connect both hoses on the back of the pump together and see if the efficiency of the engine is effected in anyway.

Duncan