Tailgate lock

Edfors

Hi, on my facelifted Discovery 2, 2003, I have managed to get the rear door locked so it will not unlock despite my efforts.

It all started with issues opening with the exterior handle, so I put some WD40 on the small spring pulling the handle back, this is from the outside. This didn't help much, the handle still stayed in wrong (open) position, so door wouldn't close. I remove the inner trim panel and the lock itself. Cleaned with some Qickcleen spray and applied new white grease. Now everything seemed to move well. Unfortunately I slammed the door closed before checking the operation of the lock thoroughly. So now I have a locked tailgate and can't open it in any way. It acts like it’s superlocked. The trim panel is still off. Are there any tips on how to get the lock to open again?

This is how it looked before cleaning:

post-11728-1242282923_thumb.jpg

Do I need to say previous owner had dogs :o

This is now, when loocked. I wish it wasn't so little space around everything :(

post-11728-1242282940_thumb.jpg

Any help appreciated.

Well, after tried a bit more and thinking of what could be the problem I came up with the idea of an issue with the child lock. And with a trim clips removal tool I was able to move the child lock to both lock and unlock position even if the door was closed, thanks to its position it was just to bend the interior rubber seal a little to get access. This did the trick and the door opened, problem solved! :D