disco wing mirror

voith

hi,

has anyone a clue how to split apart the wing mirror on a disco td5 es it has lost its locking and i think i might be able to open it and replace a locking circlip onto the main post, this is guess, but i hope someone can help me save some money

thanks

voith

hi all,

further to this post, i threw caution to the winds today and decided to attack this problem, first I took the glass out, which as you could expect broke the plastic lugs, though i have seen them for about a tenner on the bay so no problem, unscrewed everything in sight, then found using a torch that my thoughts were correct and that the spring washer had come off the post.

after mucking around for a while trying to reconnect it, i decided to take the mirror off the door, turning it upside down i found a screw hidden in the turntable part of the mirror accessed by closing the mirror as far as it would go, after this was out i was able to split the mirror to work on the post washer, using two screwdrivers i pushed it back on compressing the spring at the same time, it was only a case of putting everything back together.

so i have turned a 100£ job into a 10£ish so can't complain

all the best

voith