Broxhead Common tv4x4 day

MrKev

I couln't find any mention of this event on the forum, but I went to the Broxhead Common (Bordon) event organised by Thames Valley 4x4 club, as a fundraiser for Children in Need.

After being fined a total of £2 for parking with my lights on, car being too clean and not having been before (all direct to CiN), paying our membership fee and the day's fee, we were let loose, being given the advise to keep left of the first obstacle...

I've a grand total of 1 previous experience of proper off-road driving (and that was asapassenger to an Army driver on a vehicle test, so alltogether a very different ride!).

All the marshalls we spoke to were very helpful, and if any are reading, thank you for all the tips. My vehicle is equipped with nothing fancy, just a selection of road tyres and no proper recovery points, so generally took the most woosy route we could find, though I did find myself getting more adventurous as the day progressed, and I learned the capabilities of my vehicle a little more. It was a fun introduction to this particular aspect of Landrover ownership!

A few photos can be seen on my Flickr stream if anyone is interested, please PM me if you recognise yourself and want mentioning / deleting! My Flickr stream:

Well done to all those who organised the day, and I hope you made a good sum for Pudsy & Co.

Kev

4064953398_17355fdbf3.jpg