Sat Nav failure 2005 Range Rover Vogue

clarky

In 2008, about the same time as my wipers began to fail my Sat Nav packed up

I took the vehicle in to the local dealership Hillendale

They inspected the Sat Nav and said it was full of water and beyond repair, but before replacing it they would have to establish where the water was coming from

I was asked if I used a pressure washer on the vehicle, which I do not (but it's a sad day if you cannot use a pressure washer on a top spec RR)

They put the vehicle in their spray booth and found that the water was coming in from a 'Displaced' body seal at the top LHS of the upper tailgate

The seal was not damaged or perished butmerely displaced

The LR authorised repair was to push the body seal back into position and apply liberal amounts of black silicon sealant to the seal, tailgate hinge, adjacent body panel lap joints and a bit on the roof for good measure ( please see the attached photos for deatil)

The bill for this work, with the replacement Sat Nav was £1,200.00

I challenged the cost on the grounds that it was a faulty design/build and not something I should have to pay for, however, Hillendale said I would have to pay and then take it up with LR, which I did

In the attached letters you will read that I got no joy from LR with regards to the cost, however, I kept stating that the seal could become displaced again and that would cost me another £1,200 pounds?! (also underneath the Sat Nave there are loads more vulnerable electric/electronic components)

Finally LR indicated that older models like mine were not fitted with splash guards but they got Hillendale to retrofit one as a guesture of goodwill

I attach photos of the new Sat Nav prior to the splash guard having been fitted and on with the splash guard

My advice if you have a similar age RR Vogue is to write to LR and demand they retofit the splash guard and in the meantime check that seal

Hope this is useful

Best regards

Clarky

Letter to Range Rover 19th Sept 2008.pdf

Letter to Range Rover 10th October 2008.pdf

Letters from RRover 30th Sep & 18th Nov 20080001.pdf

post-12726-125898523991_thumb.jpg

post-12726-125898526148_thumb.jpg

post-12726-125898528796_thumb.jpg