Timing belt change Question

Ritch

Hi all,

Just purchased a cheapo 300tdi which is developing faults quicker than I can fix em!

I've been reading through the excellent timing belt change guide on this site but have a couple of quick q's about the crank pulley tool.

The guide is here.....

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=22319&view=&hl=timing belt 300&fromsearch=1

Les says...

The crankshaft pulley is solid, as expected, so I have a DIY crank pulley puller - very simple device, but works every time.

Unscrew the crank bolt a few turns, put the 27mm socket on it, then as the two m8 bolts are tightened a bit of a time each, the pulley gets drawn off the end of the crank.

My first question is what is the gap between the "two M8 bolts" so I can do some Fab??

Second question is are they M8 threaded on all models as I couldn't get it to take an M8 in the crank pulley recesses today but I was a little rushed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ritchie.