Freelander 2005 brake light problem

Bigtone

My November 2005 Freelander HSE Auto has just started having brake light problems and I am mystified what to do.

When reversing up to the front glass door about a week ago I noticed the offside tail stop light was out, although the left side and central high mount were working normally.

I took the lens off to check the bulb and found it was perfectly OK so I ran it down to my service agent who checked the line with a current tester and found there was no power in the line behind the bulb fitting. He said this could be one of those 'pain in the arse' jobs of trying to find a small nick in the cable, somewhere back down the line beyond the bit that was reachable whilst the lens was off.

This weekend the nearside stop light has also ceased functioning although the high central light is still working.

Does anyone have experience for this problem that can point me at the likely culprit spot without delay?