TD5 Alarm crisis

Help of the greatest kind.

I have a Defender 110 TD5 W plate.

It has a factory fitted 2 button alarm.

It has since a week ago decided to sound everytime I try and put the side or headlights on. The alarm goes off when i switch of the lights. The bonnet switch which is sealed closed (by RAC - "thats your problem")has no effect on stopping this, take it out and I belive the imobiliser should stop the engine from firing, it doesnt - the engine fires up.

Please help this beginner. Thanks in advance

Beginner1

Help of the greatest kind.

I have a Defender 110 TD5 W plate.

It has a factory fitted 2 button alarm.

It has since a week ago decided to sound everytime I try and put the side or headlights on. The alarm goes off when i switch of the lights. The bonnet switch which is sealed closed (by RAC - "thats your problem")has no effect on stopping this, take it out and I belive the imobiliser should stop the engine from firing, it doesnt - the engine fires up.

Please help this beginner. Thanks in advance

Beginner1

ive had the same problem with my 90 be interesting to hear from anyone else.

ive had the same problem with my 90 be interesting to hear from anyone else.

I'm no expert chaps, but have you connected up a trailer recently?

Either way if you have a tow socket I would be giving it a clean.

Also check the fuse under the drivers seat. It's next to the ECU.

HTH

Chan

• 1 month later...

I've had the same problem with my X reg 110 and my local Landrover dealership had not heard of this problem and said it could be the light switch,the alarm ecu behind the dash or the dim dip relay or the dim dip resistor or this or that .

As a temp fix I took a positive feed from the battery and ran it through a relay (wired up as you would for spot lights) and disconected the connector for the switch on the steering col and ran the positive feed from the relay to the brown wire on the switch plug and took 2 feeds out of the switch to the side light poles and main beams on the other side of the plug and the lights work fine.IT IS THE BROWN AND BLUE WIRE ON THE PLUG THAT IF CONNECTED MAKE THE ALARM SOUND SO SIMPLY DISCONECT IT AND RUN A NEW POSITIVE FEED.

It is probably the alarm ecu but who knows.

Let me know if you got yours fixed.

IF you need to speak call Chris on 01455 286286 tue /sat