LT 77 troubles

Bigwood

:unsure: The reversing gear plunger stuck again on Friday, usual lights stuck on and no feel to the gear lever. Took the centre consul out and removed the unit and freed the plunger. The reversing lights are out and the gear change feels nearly back to normal apart from the fact it is a pig to select 3rd and 4th. Also the gear change apears to have very little bias when going across to fifth. I have had the consul out again today and there is nothing that looks out of place. The bias spring plate apears to be intact and the springs are both intact.I know there is some sort of adjustment for the bias for the 3rd 4th gate . Any ideas please. Typicaly I should be away next weekend in the Disco :glare:

:unsure: The reversing gear plunger stuck again on Friday, usual lights stuck on and no feel to the gear lever. Took the centre consul out and removed the unit and freed the plunger. The reversing lights are out and the gear change feels nearly back to normal apart from the fact it is a pig to select 3rd and 4th. Also the gear change apears to have very little bias when going across to fifth. I have had the consul out again today and there is nothing that looks out of place. The bias spring plate apears to be intact and the springs are both intact.I know there is some sort of adjustment for the bias for the 3rd 4th gate . Any ideas please. Typicaly I should be away next weekend in the Disco :glare:

:i-m_so_happy: I must hold the record for removing centre consuls on Discos. Due to problems having truck off road I had to have a look and see if I could fathem out the problem. We call this sussing and bogling were I come from. With my big work light on the job I noticed the bias spring plate was moving as I changed gear. This must have been getting worse and by chance the plate must have moved the day the reverse plunger stuck.I didnt change the bias spring plate it was done for me so I cant be to blame for it coming loose.I never had this problem with series 2A,s and 3,s we had in the army. The drivers broke gear levers off at the base yes.Any way I hope my problems may be of insperation to others. :rolleyes: