dies when switched to lpg

jakebullet

hi there, sorry for the strange title. disco 3.9 V8i 1997

basically the car runs great on petrol (and gas when it's going).

this is what happens. i'll start the car on petrol and drive as normal. when my digital temp gauge reaches 65 -70 deg C (nice warm air on from the vents). i'll go to switch over to gas, i normally do this while coasting on a straight stretch of quiet road doing about 20mph. i flick the switch and rev to 1500rpm. 99.9% of the time the car will cut out, 2x turns of the key and she'll run great.

any ideas why it cuts out? i've drained the vapo of any bits of crud, the solenoids are working well and serviced. might change the air filter tomorrow. any other pointers? all plugs and leads cleaned and gapped right.

cheers jake

Hi there,

had similar issues on my 95 3.9. Mine was done to being 11,000 miles over due for a service - LPG service that is. Got a LPGA approved guy to look at it PI fuel systems in Fou Marks. Very good and friendly. My filter was blocked and my vaporisor diaphram was knackered so he serviced both and now it's runs like a dream. I even get 17mpg!

Dave