215/80R16 will they fit?

mikeboneham

Largest diameter you can go to on a Freelander without major mods is around 28.5" or so I've been told! ;)

215/80R16 measure 29.5" in diameter so probably not. 215/70R16 measure 27.8" and definitely do fit no problems!

Try this handy tyre size calculator I stumbled across on t'nternet!!

Tyre Calculator

Mine's booked in for the morning to get a set of 215/70R16s fitted all round. Looking forward to it as mine's still running on the factory fit tyres and there a tad worn! Especially in the recent snow and ice!

Largest diameter you can go to on a Freelander without major mods is around 28.5" or so I've been told! ;)

215/80R16 measure 29.5" in diameter so probably not. 215/70R16 measure 27.8" and definitely do fit no problems!

Try this handy tyre size calculator I stumbled across on t'nternet!!

Tyre Calculator

Mine's booked in for the morning to get a set of 215/70R16s fitted all round. Looking forward to it as mine's still running on the factory fit tyres and there a tad worn! Especially in the recent snow and ice!

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Think 215/70R16s are the way forward!

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Think 215/70R16s are the way forward!

No worries! Got mine fitted with a set of General Grabbers AT2s 215/70R16 this morning! £300 for the set fitted and balanced! Very pleased I am with the result too!