newbie and in need of advice

offroader84

hi im new to the site and have been looking through the forum for a while and thought it was about time i said hi and asked a question.

my names lee,im from ware hertfordshire and own a disco 200tdi.

im about to start a rebuild but not shaw how to tackle the body,i dont want any of the panels,all i really want to do is get to a rolling chassis and still be able to start the motor.

whats the best way to remove the body,grind it all up and scrap the parts or try to remove in one complete shell?

here's the disco.

010.jpg

013.jpg

lee

Guest noggy

Well... its a LOT of grinding... taking it off in one piece isnt so hard if you have some mates about to give you a shove...

Running it with the body off... well where will your pedals fit? and all your internat engine bay bits and bobs?

you could cut it off at the bottom of the windscreen then just infront of the B pillar and remove the rest of the body.

But make sure you don't cut the light/fuel tank (runs along the roof on the nearside) wireing loom :)