Disco Mk1 ECU/Alarm wiring

D1scoDaz

Hi Guys,

New to the Forum.

I have a disco mk1, and got it without a fob. I've now got a fob but i havent programmed it because i'm unsure of the wiring on the ECU.

There's a couple of wires on the green plug been cut, and what looks like a bypass put in (one of the wires is soldered half way down another).

Has anyone come across something similar? I want to get the fob programmed, but i'm not sure if the wiring is a bypass or just a bodge for some other problem.

Is anyone au fait with programming the fobs manually?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

Welcome to the forum.

What year is your disco? There are two types of fob, one button or two button. Have a look at Remote Key for more info.

Briefly, the early models (up to 1995ish) had the one button fob which controls the central locking and alarm, there is only one ECU for those. Later models with two button fobs have a cental locking ECU and an immobiliser ECU. The fob has to be next to the ignition switch to start the car. Early fobs can be programmed manually, the later ones can't.

Hopefully some one else will be along soon with a bit more detail for you.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm on a 95 300tdi, with EDC.

Its a two button fob, and i've corrected the ecu wiring which has then triggered my immobiliser.... :blink: stupid of me, but there we go.

got a guy coming to reprogram the fobs at somepoint today. Funny thing is though, the engine still cranks.

I'm hoping that its just a fob problem, otherwise its going to be a land rover garage job....

regards

Darren