2001 TD5

manxrover

Hi all

Has anyone had a problem with there TD5 where for no reason the hadbrake, abs, hill desent and traction

control warning lights come on. This has happend before but if the ignition is turned off, key removed

it resets to normal.

Today they came on and will not go out, even diconnecting the battery for a period of time had no

effect. The car runs as normal and every thing works ok. Any ideas ??.

Regards

Brian

I am sure somebody will be along any minute to tell you to use the search function on the forum, however

Its is a massively common problem on Td5 Discovery's and is commonly called the three amigo's.

The fault relates to a huge number of issises, from a misplaced ABS sensor to a worn bearing. Diagnosis is very difficult.

Ben

Hi

Had into the workshop for diagnostic check, nothing found no fault codes recorded,they

removed battery and let it stand 20mins, reconnected battery no lights, 48hrs later

still no sign of lights, mechanic says I have the TD5 gremlin in the ECU recommends

I try a second hand ECU, and see if it cures the problem.

Brian