defender lights

hi all fitted a new alternator to my 90 which has a isuzu 2.8 d the other week when i plumed it in i turned it over and everything was fine,

but 5 mins down the road the rear indicators stop along with the fuel gauge and the rear lights.

now the front indicators seem to be going at a rate of nots like they do when uv got a bulb out fair enought i thought may be i need a new flasher unit or fuse .

after changing both of these i still have this problem .i was wondering if there was any way to fix this without a elec meter as i dont own one i think it might be an earth prob but im not to sure

If you look in the back right hand side there is a metal cover remove that you will see a bundle of wires some of which are black. Make up a length of new wire stick one end in the bundle and place the other end on clean metal. Switch your indicator on and with luck they will work as they should. If not keep moving the free end of the cable around until you get a good contact.