300 Tdi water pump failures

Thys

When I replaced my Tdi's head, I replaced the water pump as a pre-cautionary measure. The old pump was fine, except for surface rust on the impeller, previous owned was not that diligent on anti-freeze concentration. I bought a Brit-Part unit, it was half the price of a QH water pump.

Two years later I had the bottom-end re-built, and the engineering shop replaced the water pump as part of their pre-cautionary measures, they gave me the Brit-Part to keep as a spare.

I was in an accident with one of the after effects a slightly warped water pump pulley, which ate the belt and had the water pump drop a bearing.

Now I closed my eyes, ignored my bank manager and bought the QH water pump, and replaced the pulley. This expensive pump lasted exactly 9 months.

I did not use silicone on the packing, I measured the pulley alignment, but I lost the QH pump, the bearing starts to screech from 2000 RPM and above, and it is not the belt or pulleys, new bearings, new pulley, alignment correct...........

What other 300 Tdi pumps are available on the market, that may give me better reliability?