Replacement wing mirrors

BillB+23

I recently managed to smash the housing on the near side wing mirror on my 2004 Discovery 2.

I looked about the breakers and they all wanted silly money so I went to a popular auction site and took my time and eventually found a pair of slightly ratty looking ones both near side, I reckoned I must be able to make 1 good one out of what I had so I got them for a low price.

They were advertised as Discovery 2 Wing mirrors but whats just arrived does not match what I have, theses are much more square and don't have the same shaping on the back.

Have I bee sold Discovery 1 wing mirrors or did they fit 2 different types to thee discovery 2, when ever I've got new mirrors (the actual glass I've never had a problem?)

not 100% sure disco 2's were fitted with different mirrors but sounds like you've been sold 300tdi ones to me. I had to replace a glass on my '94 300tdi. It was listed as '94 mirror glass, so bought it not knowing there was a differance. When it arrived it was a lot smaller. Turns out it was for the 200tdi.

HTH

Bri