Discovery 300Tdi 1998 fbw Check Engine

Spike0907

My 1998 Disco 300Tdi Fly By Wire is refusing to start. It worked fine the previous evening, then next morning it cranked over just fine, but refused to fire. I tried a jump lead to the fuel shut off solenoid, and I could hear it click but still no start.

Thinking it must be a loose connection or dry solder joint, I have taken out every "box" behind the dash, opened them and checked them for dry solders, pushed home every connector I can find, put it all back together, but I haven't made a scrap of difference. It turns over beautifully, but won't start.

I have noticed that the Check Engine light is illuminated while the engine is cranking. I don't remember that being the case when the vehicle was starting OK.

There is no Spider behind the radio, instead there is an AMR6429 unit in the passenger footwell. The central locking works OK, everything works OK, except that it won't start.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? It seems absurd to be changing the injector pump for a manual one, just to cover up a possibly trivial electrical fault elsewhere. Thanks

Thanks for that fireblade. I'm going to persevere with finding the fault for a while longer, but if all else fails how much do you want for the pump? Also, do you have the 4 injector pipes, 4 injectors (although I think my existing injectors will do), throttle cable, and the kick-down bracket. Thanks