Anyone willing to offer expertise or help??!

pinkfish24

Hi everyone, we recently got ourselves a disco.. 1998 model..3.9 v8 petrol and lpg.

I love the car..its a beast! But i have no idea about land rovers or engines!!

The disco has a few problems which i desperately need sorting and can't really afford a garage and i also don't always trust them. I want someone who love and respects these beautiful tanks x

I had a water leak...found it to be the top hose and i have bought a replcement but don't know how to change it! Can i just say...although its not the case for all....i am a woman and clueless about these things!!!!!

I had a local mechanic (and i use the word loosely!) trim off the split bit of the hose as a temporary measure to stop the leak...

And now the car is overheating...the temp. gage doesn't move either .... The water gets really hot, literally boiling hot. So i haven't been driving around too much but have needed to a bit to take the kids to school etc.

I have been told by a good friend to just ask on here if anyone lives nearby and would be willing to have a look for me !!??

I've been told it may be the water pump??

Thanks for reading my ramblings!!!!

Any advice or help GREATLY appreciated x

Tara

oh by the way i live near heathrow .... Heston.

Thanks x