Need temp sender resistance values (Series 3)

Gareth Dickens

C'monn, somebody must be able to help here. Has nobody even in absolute boredom measured the cold to hot resistance values across a seriesIII temp sender unit. I'm sure the gauge in the cabin is standard, so petrol and diesel sender units should operate in the same range. Please if anyone out there has nothing to do on a Friday night, could you please measure the resistance of the sender unit or look it up somewhere. If someone actually does this can someone else please organise a girlfriend for him.

Thanking you

Gareth Dickens

• 3 years later...

C'monn, somebody must be able to help here. Has nobody even in absolute boredom measured the cold to hot resistance values across a seriesIII temp sender unit. I'm sure the gauge in the cabin is standard, so petrol and diesel sender units should operate in the same range. Please if anyone out there has nothing to do on a Friday night, could you please measure the resistance of the sender unit or look it up somewhere. If someone actually does this can someone else please organise a girlfriend for him.

Thanking you

Gareth Dickens

I hate to say this, but I've just done this very thing in trying to work out temp gauge issues. Only 3 and a half years after the original post! I believe that these results are +- 8 degrees farenheit--a huge margain, I know. I hooked up an ohmmeter to the sender and stuck it in a pot of water along with a thermometer on my kitchen stove and came up with these non-scientific results. Note that the Ohms scale on the bottom is not to scale--It goes from 10-ohm intervals to 5 ohm intervals past 120.

4682709294_9abab79d4d_b.jpg

--Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say this, but I've just done this very thing in trying to work out temp gauge issues. Only 3 and a half years after the original post!

--Mark

Now this is sort of scary - in the final stages of doing a 2.25-iffy-carb-to-Megasquirt-install I'm in need of resistance values for the temp sender (and yes, I know that it's unsuitable for the application...) and here Mark's updated a three year old thread with the exact values I need!

Brilliant! Thanks Mark :)

(now to organise the GF bit... We're having a bit of a wedding over here in Stockholm in the weekend, posh bridesmaids en masse :))