What tyres for the Freelander?

Prorok78

Hi guys. this is my very first post here so it is just to say hallo :)

Of course i have a question. I have Freelander 1.8 petrol, 5 door, year 2002. Standard wheels (15 inch alloys and 195 80 r15 tyres). Now, i need to change the tyres for something capable to survive the winter and muddy terrain. I found BF Goodrich Long trial would be nice but i'm not sure how big tyres can i put on. I do not want the spacers and the car has the standard suspension (not lifted). Is size 215 80 r15 or 215 75 r15 small enough to fit this car? The wheels can be biger than standard ones as long as they will fit. Thanks a lot. Stan

HI . Thanks for the answer. I checked with my 'tyre store' and they say that BF Goodrich makes they All Terrain AT KO from size 215 and up... there is no 195 or 205...:(

They have Long Trials in 195 size but it is not for the winter and mud..:( So i have to go bigger than factory size..Question is how far can i go..?:)

HI . Thanks for the answer. I checked with my 'tyre store' and they say that BF Goodrich makes they All Terrain AT KO from size 215 and up... there is no 195 or 205...:(

They have Long Trials in 195 size but it is not for the winter and mud..:( So i have to go bigger than factory size..Question is how far can i go..?:)

• 1 month later...

hi i have just put kingpin remoulds m/t 195/80/15 great for off roading but noisey on road at £36 a tyre cheep and cheerfull for winter

Hya,

I've fitted them BFG AT 215-70-16 and must say .... they're good!

did some 20.000km's wiv them and last sumerholiday a 3 week 5000km trip to Sweden on and offroad, mud, grass, sand, rocks.....and if I need new ones someday I definitily buy them again.

They also go very well round fast corners btw

Oh and please don't go for cheap :( ..... them 4 tiny pieces of rubber have to make you stop, go round corners and keep you on the road...

.. I had my experience with them dead cheap nankang tyres ... and them f*ers nearly killed me :angry: