V8 Coolant Hoses Schematic

I have found some beautiful drawings on how the coolant and heater hoses are arranged in a Range Rover V8, but cannot find anything for the Defender. I've ploughed through the workshop manuals and user manuals and even the V8 overhaul manuals, but nothing that spells its all out.

If I am correct, the basic setup on a 3.5 litre Carb V8 is hot water pushed into the engine block by water pump, then comes out of the top of the inlet manifold into the top of the rad, out the bottom of the rad back into the water pump. There are an additional two connections on the rad for expansion tank and carbs.

I have an Edelbrock performer manifold which seems to have a bypass connection on the front (teed from the back of the water pump, I think) and have a pipe running underneath it from the back of the water pump to the heater matrix. This is fed back in to the back of the inlet manifold.

I have a new John Eales crossover manifold to fit and it seems to have no such connections on the back of the inlet manifold for the heater matrix. Also, my new water pump does not seem to have any additional connections on the back, although I guess I could tee off from some of the other hoses.

If I need to run a flow and return for the heater matrix under the crossover manifold this might clash with vacuum pipes I will have to run for brake servo vacuum (one from each cylinder to avoid leaning out one cylinder) so may get a bit crowded under there. Any reason I can't run these around the side of the block?