90 bulkhead in Series 3

drinu

I am interested in fixing or changing the bulkhead in my series. i can probably easily acquire a 90 bulkhead in a not so bad condition.

The question is whether it can easily be fitted into the series, what are the structural changes that need to be made?

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
I am interested in fixing or changing the bulkhead in my series. i can probably easily acquire a 90 bulkhead in a not so bad condition.

The question is whether it can easily be fitted into the series, what are the structural changes that need to be made?

thanks in advance

Hi,

Yes this is perfectly possible, in fact I've just bought a brand new TD5 bulkhead to fit to my IIa. If yours is III it will be much easier. Take at look at this site he's already done it. This is one of the best sites I've come across and is going to save me some time because I'd anticipated having to mod the passenger footwell. I think I might make a new dash panel however, as mine is pretty poor and if you look closely at it, it's just a load of easy bends welded together. Have fun!

P.S. I bought my bulkhead on e-bay from duckworths for £165.00