Air shox

landmannnn

I have been about air shox recently.

Liking the idea of doing away with springs, shock absorbers, spring relocation etc and getting good travel up to 16".

This US retailer has them from Fox, King and Swayaway.

www.polyperformance.com

It looks like a full set would start at $1,000. With the current exchange rate that is cheaper than a set of 4 premium springs and dampers. Especially since I am going the states a few a times next year and could add to luggage.

I read they are complex to set up using nitrogen and oil.

They seem almost too good to be true, which probably means they are.

Has anyone much experience of using them?

I have been about air shox recently.

Liking the idea of doing away with springs, shock absorbers, spring relocation etc and getting good travel up to 16".

This US retailer has them from Fox, King and Swayaway.

www.polyperformance.com

It looks like a full set would start at $1,000. With the current exchange rate that is cheaper than a set of 4 premium springs and dampers. Especially since I am going the states a few a times next year and could add to luggage.

I read they are complex to set up using nitrogen and oil.

They seem almost too good to be true, which probably means they are.

Has anyone much experience of using them?

Hi,

ive used them for the past year on my Range Rover, there's only a few people using them is this country, but in the states as you are probably well aware they are very popular.

Air shocks are not really suited to anything that involves a lot of speed, they are ok on the road as long as you get them setup properly ;)

But they are great on a challenge truck or trialer, because speed is not usually an important factor (unless your name's Jim Marsden :hysterical:)

The airshox works well at balancing the vehicle when full of articulation is required, unlike a conventional spring and shock setup that dislocates, leaving the axle dangling under its own weight with one wheel with very little pressure on the ground for traction, (but everyone thinks it looks good :blink: ) the air shock provides far more pressure and helps get the traction to the ground where its most needed, it also makes the truck feel very stable at full articulation.

(X-eng have also found a solution to this with there x springs)

I got my airshox from Milner Offroad

The airshox will take a bit of trial and error to setup, you will need a bottle of Nitrogen, the regulator and fittings. millner can help out with that.

you will also need a valve key, syringe and some fork oil to setup your shocks.

The best link ive found for setting up airshox is this one, Airshox Pirate4x4