P38 external temperature errors

BradleyMilwaukee

the other day the internal temperature reading began to say that it was 60 degrees (F) when it was actually about 2 degrees (F). It seems to jump around a bit. As I drive, the temp will drop a bit, but nowhere near the actual outdoor temperature.

This is a bit of a problem, first, because I get curious about how cold it it, and secondly it throws the heat off and the auto blows freezing air into the cabin. I can get heat out by putting the temp on HI, but I'd rather have a bit more control.

any suggestions? where is this sensor located?

thanks,

Brad

the other day the internal temperature reading began to say that it was 60 degrees (F) when it was actually about 2 degrees (F). It seems to jump around a bit. As I drive, the temp will drop a bit, but nowhere near the actual outdoor temperature.

This is a bit of a problem, first, because I get curious about how cold it it, and secondly it throws the heat off and the auto blows freezing air into the cabin. I can get heat out by putting the temp on HI, but I'd rather have a bit more control.

any suggestions? where is this sensor located?

thanks,

Brad

Brad the for temperature sensor for 99 onwards (maybe the same for other models) is located attached to the front of the radiator. You'll need to drop the front bumper (fender) & valance on the front of the car to get access to it.

If it's anything like mine, the seal will have gone and you'll have water in the electrical connections that's causing the problem.