07 Defender Wheel Arches

Tallest1

I have a 2007 110 Defender and the folding seat head room with the LR seats is a complicated point. the distance between the seat and the roof are limited due the folding system.

In fact, sometimes I travelled in the back and the space between the roof and my head is just 1 -2 cm (1/2"). Considering that I'm not quite tall: 1.75 m (5.7 ft) the distance with the roof could be a problem for a tall person.

I dont know the experience with Exmoor.

regards

Tallest1

I have a 2007 110 Defender and the folding seat head room with the LR seats is a complicated point. the distance between the seat and the roof are limited due the folding system.

In fact, sometimes I travelled in the back and the space between the roof and my head is just 1 -2 cm (1/2"). Considering that I'm not quite tall: 1.75 m (5.7 ft) the distance with the roof could be a problem for a tall person.

I dont know the experience with Exmoor.

regards

wow, that is quite interesting. i am 5'7" as well (my username has nothing to do with my height!)... well, in my opinion i would think that the head room with the exmoor seats in a pre-2007 defender would be less than the post-2007. the only reason i am thinking that is because of the couple inches of wheel well that are chopped out in the post-2007.

unless, however, the exmoor seats are "thinner" at the seat than the oem land rover..?

oh and i envy your 2007 110!!

wow, that is quite interesting. i am 5'7" as well (my username has nothing to do with my height!)... well, in my opinion i would think that the head room with the exmoor seats in a pre-2007 defender would be less than the post-2007. the only reason i am thinking that is because of the couple inches of wheel well that are chopped out in the post-2007.

unless, however, the exmoor seats are "thinner" at the seat than the oem land rover..?

oh and i envy your 2007 110!!

Tallest1

Also the anchor system is different in Exmor (as I see in the pictures) and that also can change the head room.

The best way to disipate the doubts is to measure the distance in both cases from the floor to the seat and the cushion thickness. Let me check today and I can send you the measures in the new Defender. I think that you can ask Exmoor the same question and with that you can decide the best solution.

Regards,

PD: Its a pitty that new Defenders were not available in USA :(

Tallest1

Also the anchor system is different in Exmor (as I see in the pictures) and that also can change the head room.

The best way to disipate the doubts is to measure the distance in both cases from the floor to the seat and the cushion thickness. Let me check today and I can send you the measures in the new Defender. I think that you can ask Exmoor the same question and with that you can decide the best solution.

Regards,

Thanks Eduardo!

Well, alternatively, if anyone has a line on a Used Euro Tub in great shape i'd be interested in purchasing it to ship overseas! I suppose i'll also post this in the wanted category as well.

Tallest1

Regards,

As promised:

Distance between floor and roof = 119 cm

Distance from the floor to the cushion (upper part) in the front = 84 cm from the cushion to the roof = 35 cm

Distance from the floor to the cushion (upper part) in the rear = 89 cm from the cushion to the roof = 30 cm

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...