Cam Belt Change

Bigwood

I know this must be corect but seemed odd to me. I have a 200TDI, 1993 Discovery. When I ordered my cam belt kit it came with an idler wheel and tensioner. This is corect but I always thought the idler was only fitted to the 300 TDI. Are there any other odd diferences to my engine I should be aware of. The puller idea from Les Henderson is ok but I used mine diferently. Rather than using the two bolts to pull the damper off, this bent the rather thick lump of steel, I put the crank bolt back in and used that to push the damper off. :wacko:

Hi, Ihave been looking at Les Henderson's crank puller and he uses this in conjunction with the crank bolt. I hope this is right cos i'm doing mine soon as the weather gets better. Rocky

The puller works well , mine is made from a peice of 2 inch by 1/4 mild steel I found in the body shop at work, it bent quite a lot using the two bolts. As I said put the bolt back in the end of the crank shaft , tighten the two side bolts and then wound the crank bolt back out pushing the bar in the midle and be prepared to swear a lot it was very tight on mine. I took the radiator out to do mine enabling me to use my 3/4 square drive windy gun on the crank bolt. Lastly be careful taking the bolts out of the casing were they go through the water gallery, if they go tight wind them in and out a few times to free them. There is one stud and nut at the top of the water pump, it makes it eaisier to manover the timing case off with this removed. I hope this a job to be done after another 40,000 miles. :i-m_so_happy: