rear heated screen discovery td5

weeksy

can any one help with a small but very annoying problem

my rear screen heater keeps blowing the 30amp fuse the second i push

the dash switch, i have disonected the wires from the screen and put 12volts

across it and its working fine. i also put a meter across the fuse holder and to earth

getting a reading of 12volts and 14.5volts when running. had a look at the switch and

looks ok. i have been told there is a relay that may be faulty, is this the case

and where is it located.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any help would be much appreciated before i have to take it to land rover and have to remortgage my house for them to put it right.

Cheers weeksy.

The relay may be behind the panneling in the rear drivers side corner under where the speakers are...........

I could be wrong but its where there are a load of electrical gubbins on the 300TDi's

Nowt there just rear light wiring plus the wiring you need to check, most likely place to fail is in the rubber gaiter between the body and the tailgate.

You will need to pull the wiring out and check it for breaks/chaffing.

No relay its in the bcu, dont forget also switchs the heated mirrors on so could be mirror fault or associated wiring, had any knocks on the mirrors lately? drivers side first as thats the most opened door.

Lynall