TD5 Turbo upgrade

therealboss

Turbo packed in on my Disco 2 on Friday, looking for a replacement, the question is can I get a turbo upgrade that will just bolt on. I was talking to a friend that thinks I can get one that the vanes can move giving better performance. I need to sort this out and want something that will just bolt on I don't plan on remapping the ECU. Where is the best place in the UK to get a new turbo?

Bells Auto Services are developing a vnt direct swap turbo for the TD5.

Lynall

Lynall, I see that but its about 12 weeks away and I need to get my disco back on the road (its my work van). Looks like I will have to a PMF000040 fit it. Where is the best place to get a new TD5 turbo, I see on one Ebay for 365 pounds plus shipping, is this the best I'll get a new one for? I was thinking of getting a secondhand one but am afraid I'll end up getting one thats on its way out so think new is the only way to go.

I have fitted plenty of second hand turbos and all have been okay my own TD5 has a 2nd hand one that i fitted about 1.5yrs ago as the old one cracked.

Fit a cheapy and then when the Bell one is ready fit that and resell the cheapy.

Lynall

I have fitted plenty of second hand turbos and all have been okay my own TD5 has a 2nd hand one that i fitted about 1.5yrs ago as the old one cracked.

Fit a cheapy and then when the Bell one is ready fit that and resell the cheapy.

Lynall

Too late, just bought a new one from Island 4x4, this is my only truck for work and I need to get it up and running ASAP. I have not had much luck on secondhand stuff of Ebay and without a 4x4 I cant work. I have a 90 that I'm rebuilding so might get a chance to replace the 2.5NA with a TD5, if so I can swap the turbo off the Disco and buy a VNT for the Disco when they have been tested and are on sale.

Thanks anyway.