200Tdi mid life refit

Marten

My K reg 200 Tdi Disco is going well with 230,000 miles on the clock, owned and serviced by me since new. Have acquired a set of replacement 300Tdi doors which have electric windows and central locking. Need to match these to my very basic 200Tdi.

Does anyone know where I can source wiring diagrams for a 300Tdi?

Hopefully you haven't swopped the doors yet. ISTR that on my 200 Disco the wiring for the central locking was already there. Even though it did not have central locking. The 200 workshop manual (2 parts) has the wiring diagrams in it. I just looked up the colour of the wires and checked they were there. Not sure about the electric mirrors though. If they were fitted to the 200 Series then the wiring will already be there.

HTH

Ivan

Hopefully you haven't swopped the doors yet. ISTR that on my 200 Disco the wiring for the central locking was already there. Even though it did not have central locking. The 200 workshop manual (2 parts) has the wiring diagrams in it. I just looked up the colour of the wires and checked they were there. Not sure about the electric mirrors though. If they were fitted to the 200 Series then the wiring will already be there.

HTH

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Many thanks for your reply. I agree entirely with what you say. Electric window wiring/relay base is in my 200 and will not be a problem.

Mirror wiring is not evident, I had non-electric mirrors, but circuit diagrams in workshop manual are fine. Have ordered wire/connectors/switch and will instal as-new.

Central locking is the problem. Replacement drivers door lock has a microswitch which is wired back to the footwell and drivers door actuator has two extra wires than the 200Tdi wiring diagram indicates. I suspect the 300Tdi had an alarm system and the central locking wiring was fed to the alarm control box. I need the 300Tdi wiring diagram to establish the use of the wires so that I can correctly rewire the door to match the 200Tdi circuit. I hope to be able to not use the microswitch at all.

Yours aye, Marten.