Turner Engineering

Had a bit of bother with the nas these past few weeks. Started on a trip to Margate 3 weeks ago with the big Ifor Williams trailer on the back and just before Manston Airport the temperature guage went very quickly to the RED. Now as every V8 driver knows you stop immediately and solve the problem whenever that temp gauge moves from normal! However, there did not appear to be a problem apart from that nagging liner problem inherent to all 3.9 / 4.2 / 4.6 engines :( Something I have been aware about for the past 11 years of ownership. Drove back to the factory at a steady 2000 rpm's with no problems, stopped to open the factory gates on tick-over and the temp gauge got very excited.

Checked thermostat and viscous coupled fan all seemed good, new radiator last year clean as a whistle. Dropped into see a good friend of mine with an exhaust gas analyser and the gases in the radiator expansion tank were nearly as high as from the exhaust and both were Mot failure readings :(:(

Diesel Dave perfomed his usual professional surgery, off with his heads :unsure: Heads and head gaskets were in good condition for 120K miles, so heads down to QEP in Burgess Hill for a check. Within seconds of placing the heads on the bench the answer was throw the block away :( he hadn't seen the block it's still in the nas :( Enough white deposits around pots 4 and 6 on the RH head to signify my worst nightmare the water up the liner syndrome :(

Unfortunately QEP would take 2 weeks to get a new engine, but Les has spoken before about the quality at Turner Engineering and he is bang on target with his praise for them. Very professional outfit :lol:

Now there is a zero hour full engine waiting to go in the nas. Still a 3.9 since I do not want all the hassle of changing ECU and fuelling for a bigger beast and with the stepped liners that Turner fit I also have a 3 year warranty they are so certain I will not have anymore problems :lol:

So here's to the next 25 years of trouble free motoring, if there's enough fuel left in 25 years time :P

Dave, glad to hear you will be back in business soon. I have nothing but praise for turners - they sorted me out a head for my 300 off the shelf, and were exceedingly friendly about the whole deal. Even gave me a tour of the workshop :D