200tdi V isuzu 2.8td

Hi all,

I have been debating on changing my engine for a while now, due to the piston rings, but today she finally died :angry: so now i'm torn between a straight swap fro the same or a 2.8 isuzu lump . a friend of mine has one in his landy and he swears by them , and i have to admit his motor pulls like a train .

If anyone has any experience on these engines some advise/info would be appreciated

Hi all,

I have been debating on changing my engine for a while now, due to the piston rings, but today she finally died :angry: so now i'm torn between a straight swap fro the same or a 2.8 isuzu lump . a friend of mine has one in his landy and he swears by them , and i have to admit his motor pulls like a train .

If anyone has any experience on these engines some advise/info would be appreciated

My 2.8td zoo zoo is in an Isuzu so not an accurate report but...

it flys, it's reliable, and it does 30+mpg just knocking about. Putting it in a landy ups the gearing and as long as you don't abuse it by driving at 80mph all day then it will be frugal on fuel.

Mine is the jap spec one with no cambelt to worry about, it's done 240000 kilometers and uses no oil, it starts with half a turn all winter long, it clears its throat on start up with a puff of black smoke but then only smokes if you abuse it (I can see any smoke via a vertical exhaust stack) I pull a twin axle car trailer and usually get 30mpg on the motorway at 55mph

Derestrict the exhaust and inlet for power and economy, I drive normaly on half throttle and it pulls like a train.

(I dont work for Isuzu BTW :lol: )

I'm told they are good for 200,000+ miles and I can believe it, I've had mine two years and it's not been any trouble :)