disco1 mess

marconi

97disco1, 4.0 is about to get a 4.8Ls1 chevy fully carburated (i am sooo lost) will somone please help. I am getting all kind of conflicting input .is this possible? I was told to replace the rear axle with a nissan patrol (pathfinder in USA?) then the tranny is a prob. so I am thinking 700r4 then the t.case is a prob? has anyone made such a swap?? I am looking for strengh and durability I am setting up for a long jurney(or trying to) or is it better to get a 4.6 landy and all will match up? I am looking for some directions is there anyone out there? :unsure: new in lr4x4 I dont know how to get around yet . hello from Florida

The transfer case is very strong, will easily take the torque of a GM V8 diesel. My boss has one in a Disco with GM auto box and the axles have lasted ok for the last couple of years.

I know personally of 3 other vehicles all with GM V8s and standard LR axles. One is an early RR, one is a Defender 110.

97disco1, 4.0 is about to get a 4.8Ls1 chevy fully carburated (i am sooo lost) will somone please help. I am getting all kind of conflicting input .is this possible? I was told to replace the rear axle with a nissan patrol (pathfinder in USA?) then the tranny is a prob. so I am thinking 700r4 then the t.case is a prob? has anyone made such a swap?? I am looking for strengh and durability I am setting up for a long jurney(or trying to) or is it better to get a 4.6 landy and all will match up? I am looking for some directions is there anyone out there? :unsure: new in lr4x4 I dont know how to get around yet . hello from Florida

thank you fr the reply