Relocating solenoid pack

dan9090

Hi,

Feeling adventurous and moving the solenoid pack on my winch (12,000lb cheapy) to under the bonnet and relocating the handheld wired remote 3pin connection point. I need to extend the three small wires going to the connection point. What type of wire do I need to ask for?

Also, Ive found a suitable place for the solenoid pack in the wing but am proposing not putting the plastic cover on it (just attaching via the backplate - can you see any problems with this? In terms of weather protection the water used to get inside the plastic cover anyway so can't see a problem there but more thinking of the connections being exposed under the bonnet?

Thanks, Dan

The control wiring doesn't need to be any more than .75 or 1mm^2 really. there is no real current being drawn.

Many people run albrights and other contactors without covers over them, but it is a good idea to cover the terminals themselves - a rubber boot on each one is a good idea though to prevent accidental shorts. something like this:

ac1.gif

similarly use fully insulated crimps for the control cabling.

hth

Mark