I need more poowerr cap'n

disco_al

Right, after dragging a twin axle Ifor Williams plant trailer to Reading and back last week to fetch some eBay goodies, i realised that the old girl is a bit low on power for towing. Now i know that the 3.5 v8 wasn't exactly a fire breathing beast to begin with, and after 130k is probably a bit tired.

But, is there anything i can do to boost my power levels a bit?

I also know that LPG does drop the power a bit, (it runs nearly exclusively on the stuff - only a squirt of liquid gold to start it) but sat at 50-60mph it is really annoying, as it's right between 4th & 5th gear, and on the motorway, it's a right royal PITA.

It's also worth noting that when i dragged a scrap Disco back from Abergavenny-ish to Hereford-ish ona twin axle Ifor Williams 16ft trailer, she cruised at 55-60mph no problem. Could it just be the plant trailer is heavier than the 16 footer?

Either way - I need more poowerrr (Megasquirt/Turbo's etc would be nice - but i am talking realistic here)

Let the suggestions begin......

Thank You