Discovery II Ignition Switch

Gordonmacg

Hi, all, and thanks for the help so far, the info i have recieved from the forum has been great. Now my latest problem with my 04' disco...The ignition key decided to stop turning so i dismantled and removed the steering lock following the instructions on this Forum. It started no problem with a screwdriver and i thought i would have no problem in popping into the main dealer and ordering a new ignition barrell and or complete lock. Now the hard part..they want £219.00 plus VAT for a replacement! Now i do not mind paying for things but i do object to prices like that, i noticed from previous topics you can buy locks for Disco 1 motors for 30-40 ish on ebay, so the question is, can i modify one to fit ( there is an extra set of electrical connections on the original lock, but as it works just now lying behind the fascia, i am thinking i could just leave it there!?) or are their any alternatives to the genuine part? Or any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Gordon