300tdi engine swap

mijim99

as a newbie i love this site !

finally biting bullet tommorrow im going for an engine swap (losing coolant, oil and she's tired ) so as my gearbox is clunking whilst slowing down its a complete swap,

as this is my first landy (i love her! lol) should i expect any pit falls ? i have heard ill need to swap pump as i dont have ecu for replacement engine ??? anything else i should watch for ?

many thanks

mijim99

its a 300tdi out (98) and same in out of a (96) was worried about pump thinking it would be immobilised but doesnt seem to be ?

well five hours in and engine and box sitting on floor yipee but at a cost !!!!

lower gaiter rubber torn, wrist to finger tip slashed think ive broke my wrist !!!!!!!!!

found chassis is rotten behind gearbox bracket will need to weld that up too

my original engine has soaked the chassis in oil, clutch was on its last legs apart from that all is well lol!

my flexi is goosed on exhaust oh and !!!!!!!!!!!

the clunk i had i have sourced to the rear prop not been properly bolted in and a high spot on handbrake drum!!!!

and the built in alarm is a pain when you disconect the battery ended up removing it and sticking it in rags inside the car lol

tommorow the fitting wish me luck !!!!!!!!!!!!