air filter box

toyv8

after some help. Iam fitting a 3.9 efi with lpg into a hilux. do i need to fit the air filter box or can it be filtered on a snorkle as room is tight. This is for off roading/ play would you fit the lpg to it or stick to petrol.

You can come up with whatever you like for the inlet but you should use a filter, make sure it is big enough and that your snorkel pipes are big enough.

If Offroad/play then there will be no benefit with LPG just lots of hassle and a pain to find somewhere safe for the tank. LPG comes into its own when piling on the motorway miles.

Steve

Cant agree with steve-d,lpg on any engine makes sense especially a V8,my HILUX runs perfectly on LPG as does many of my off roading buddies.

I dont know which type of lpg system you intend to use[single point or multipoint],i personally would go for a single point.

1, its simple to fit

2, its simple to maintain

I had a 160 litre cylinder in my pick up, now its a tray back its only a 90 litre with a 60 litre petrol back up.

if you need any info drop me a pm,lpg is my business

IMG_6337.jpg

IMG_6334.jpg.

If Kelly has a look at this ,the rear mounted rad[out of a nissan primera 1800] worked spot on , no air locks and the gauge stayed put all day.

cheers Woody