serpentine belt

ally

got a squeaking noise cominig from tensioner area ,but ive stripped the tensioner down and checked the bearing ,alls well so i take it it is wear in the belt as when i go through water i loose my power steering. disco 95 300 tdi manual

cheers ally

There are 2 lines cast into the body of the tensioner - one on the static bit and one on the sprung bit - if they line up its time for a new belt. The line on the sprung part, (the line closest you as you look at it), should be to the left of the fixed line as you look at it from the front. If its within about 5mm or so I change my belt to be on the safe side as they are usually getting cracked/worn by then anyway.

it may also be time to to do the penny trick - a penny peice inserted at 9 o'clock behind the tensioner body after undoing the mounting bolt enough to get it in there, then do it back up - this changes the orientation of the bearing and (usually) stops any squeaks......

There are 2 lines cast into the body of the tensioner - one on the static bit and one on the sprung bit - if they line up its time for a new belt. The line on the sprung part, (the line closest you as you look at it), should be to the left of the fixed line as you look at it from the front. If its within about 5mm or so I change my belt to be on the safe side as they are usually getting cracked/worn by then anyway.

it may also be time to to do the penny trick - a penny peice inserted at 9 o'clock behind the tensioner body after undoing the mounting bolt enough to get it in there, then do it back up - this changes the orientation of the bearing and (usually) stops any squeaks......

cheers, that should help.where should iget a belt from (original)? i see your in the glasgow area im south lanarkshire.