Turbo Trubblels

lesdiscodriver

HELP

I have just fitted a new Turbo to my 1993 Disco 200 tdi,

The Part number for turbo is: etc7641. on fitting the turbo and the oil retturn pipe, I came to fit the oil feed pipe, but found the pipe on my engine had a banjo bolt fitting part number err3493,

The engine number is 12L 74****

Looking at the new turbo, the oil feed fitting is a compression type with a concave end.

The parts catalogue says there are two part numbers for this oil feed pipe,Part no for this pipe is err816 up to engine number to 12L 54***

Would this be the right pipe for the new turbo.

No, ERR816 uses the same banjo bolt feed. Otherwise there were different part#s on turbos as well. By the way, there's a typo error, the part# for the turbo is ETC7461.

Can you post a close up picture on the oil feed inlet on the turbocharger?

Also, what part numbers are there on the turbo (post all of them or a close up picture, if possible)?

Does the original banjo bolt fit the thread in the turbo housing? If it does, did you try fitting the pipe and washers? Or is it the banjo bolt appears to be too long (bottoms before pressing against the washers)?

The part #s I see (RA0004 and TPL1880A) don't ring any bell, I've searched for them but no luck. Are there any other numbers/codes on the turbo?

• 3 weeks later...
Does the original banjo bolt fit the thread in the turbo housing? If it does, did you try fitting the pipe and washers? Or is it the banjo bolt appears to be too long (bottoms before pressing against the washers)?

The part #s I see (RA0004 and TPL1880A) don't ring any bell, I've searched for them but no luck. Are there any other numbers/codes on the turbo?

Hi, Finally got to the bottom of the problem with the turbo. It has the wrong body fitted,it is the body for a 2.5 diesal.with the part number for a 200 tdi.