90 Tail Gate Brackets

twohuts

I have an Ex MOD 90 that was a hard top and I bought it as a soft top. It came with an unfitted tail gate.The problem is the tail gate brackets that I bought from ebay don't line up with any holes on the R/H side and the L/H side the threaded side of the bracket doesn't fit around the back as there appears to be small upright behind the rear of the chassis where the matching holes are.

MOD use (used?) two different types of tailboard hinges,

the ones on older 90/110's had pins ont the hinge, and went into two brackets welded to the rear crossmember ( you can buy bolt on ones the same but you'll have to drill for them).

And the newer, possibly only on XD models, had the loop on the hinge, and the pin bolted to the rear c/member. You will probably have to drill for these also ( I did)

I recently removed the olderr welded type, and replaced with the newer type, It is possible, so it depends on your hinges really.

If you need any more info let me know.

Chris.

MOD useĀ  (used?) two different types of tailboard hinges, the ones on older 90/110's had pins ont the hinge, and went into two brackets welded to the rear crossmember ( you can buy bolt on ones the same but you'll have to drill for them).And the newer, possibly only on XD models, had the loop on the hinge, and the pin bolted to the rear c/member. You will probably have to drill for these also ( I did)I recently removed the olderr welded type, and replaced with the newer type, It is possible, so it depends on your hinges really.If you need any more info let me know.Chris.

Thanks Chris, I'll get the drill out.