transmission problems ??

rjbenn

Hi......I have a TD4 Freelander which is 3.8 years old. Has been well looked after,(no off road, fully serviced etc). Since the 15th March it has had 3 new IRD Units, a rear axle kit and now I have been told it needs a new rear diff. With the new diff, it will have cost me approx £3000. I have tried to talk to Landrover but they don't want to know. Can anyone suggest any avenues, where I can get some "customer satisfaction" from Landrover. Surely I am not wrong in thinking a vehicle which is only 3.8years old, whith 60k on the clock, should not be having these problems.

Has anyone checked whether the VCU has seized?

If it is "eating" IRD's and a rear diff it would be the first thing I would suspect.

Thanks for the reply.....I would like to think the VCU has been checked, it has been to HBH Caerphilly x3 and Stratstone, Cardiff x2 !!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply.....I would like to think the VCU has been checked, it has been to HBH Caerphilly x3 and Stratstone, Cardiff x2 !!!!!!!

Have you tried writing direct to LR HQ?? As you say, for a 3 yr old car, this is not good mechanics.