Crank Case Breather

freenelly

Hi All

My first post here , after an unfortunate Gearbox failure resulting in a £1100 repair bill :angry: for a recon i have sifted through this and other forums looking for posible weak points with my 2002 td4 Freelander.

Gearbox well it is the Jatco auto and yes i did miss the oil change at 60k and it failed at 70k so i do feel guilty , looking around the question of the Crankcase breather came about so i changed it . The Lander wasn't suffering any of the symptoms i have read about but i think prevention is better than the cure , it is an easy job as mentioned on here by several of you .

Are there any other points i should look out for ? i have done the oil and filter ,fuel filter have installed a k&n air filter i even changed the EGR Air Filter.

What about the rear diff oil ?

Regards

Nelly

• 3 weeks later...

Our Camel gets a complete oil change every service - gearbox, IRD and rear diff.

The TD4 gets services as per the service schedule - which often means top-ups rather than drain and refills.

Have you checked your VCU?

Cheers

Blippie

Our Camel gets a complete oil change every service - gearbox, IRD and rear diff.

The TD4 gets services as per the service schedule - which often means top-ups rather than drain and refills.

Have you checked your VCU?

Cheers

Blippie

Vcu Is that with the tipex test ?