oil and rotor filter

ally

hi guys

gonna change oil and filter on my 2000 td5, ive bought britpart oil and rotor filters,but after all the reading ive been doing regarding this brand , do you think i should fit genuine parts. i know tis has been thrashed to death but what oil do you reccomend.

also the problem with my wheels juddering as i posted previously ,i removed the steering damper last night and could push it in and pull it out quite easily is this normal or should there be alot of resistance

Ally

Britpart won't make their own oil, so you really need to know who made it. I never use Britpart stuff, so wouldn't use one of their filters anyway.

Fram, Mann, etc, filters are all good makes, and I doubt there would be that much difference in the cost of each. 5W/30 fully or semi-synthetic is what you need.

Les.

I think he asks about the oil filter and rotor filter, not engine oil.

IMO you can fit the rotor filter but go for another oil filter. I would have suggested the same as Les only the other way round (Mann on top of the list - make sure it's made in Germany).

I think he asks about the oil filter and rotor filter, not engine oil.

IMO you can fit the rotor filter but go for another oil filter. I would have suggested the same as Les only the other way round (Mann on top of the list - make sure it's made in Germany).

cheers cipx2

yea a mistake, the oil is not from britpart,any reply on steering damper?

Ally

The steering damper can be compressed and extended fairly easy and the forces needed should be about equal. Easier than on the active stroke on a regular damper and a tad harder than on the return stroke. It should not present tight spots or slips along the active travel.

Anyway, the damper cannot be the cause of the juddering. It can only mask/hide/dampen some of the juddering (if it's side to side) but it can't be the source of it and it's certainly not put there to do that.