Polyethylene foam for sound dampening?

I am wondering about the usefulness of POLYETHYLENE FOAM SHEET for use as sound dampening material in my Defender.

Locally (southern Oman) it is difficult to find the materials I want, but I can buy the above (3/8 inch thick). Would it be suitable/effective/useful? I envisage using it in certain areas of my vehicle (e.g. second-row passenger footwell), in combination with rubber sheet.

I am wondering about the usefulness of POLYETHYLENE FOAM SHEET for use as sound dampening material in my Defender.

Locally (southern Oman) it is difficult to find the materials I want, but I can buy the above (3/8 inch thick). Would it be suitable/effective/useful? I envisage using it in certain areas of my vehicle (e.g. second-row passenger footwell), in combination with rubber sheet.

Is it fire retardent? Avoid it if it isn't, otherwise it will help a bit.

Have a look at this youtube clip- product looks great -

I am planning to use on my truck cab- under wheel arches stuff looks interesting too

Chrisp