Water ingress '04 Disco Landmark

richardl

:( Ok I 've read all the technical manuals here and elsewhere but I still have water coming in through the headlining over my rear n/s passenger door. It could be rear sunroof or alpine light - testing this at the moment. Has anyone else come across this particular water ingress point and is there anything I can do to fix it without having to remove the headlining??

dripping from the headlining at the back of the grab handle above the rear door?

that'll be the rear sunroof leaking.

take a look at http://www.muddy-tyres.net/standard.aspx?page_id=30

you only need to remove the back bits of trim and just let the roof lining hang down from about the mid point, as you dont need to undo all the front stuff and fully remove it to get to all the rear sunroof gubbins.

should take less than 2 hours to remove, fix and refit. Obviously if it aint the drain pipe or the crappy mastic sealing the plastic cup to the frame - might take longer...

Thanks very much for the step-by-step guide - it was absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately, I didn't find the leak. I was pouring water all over the roof for ages and not a single drip from any where - grrrr! Does anyone have any idea where this water could be coming in from? It is still collecting in the headlining just behind the grab handle over the rear n/s passenger door...HELP!!

did you put some extra sealant around the plastic cups to sunroof frame anyway - just to be sure?

if it definitely isnt anything from the sunroof (best way to check is not to pour water on the sunroof with it closed - but to pour the water directly into the frame channel with the roof open.) then it may be the alpine windows. The seals can perish and allow water to creep past them.